Feelings come and go
like clouds in a windy sky.
Conscious breathing is my anchor.
~Thich Nhat Hanh
Breathwork is a self-help healing method using the breath, music, sound, and the presence of a facilitator to give the client an experience of Self. It is an alternative to therapy that uses techniques from bioenergetics, massage, and meditation, teaching the client a circular breathing method called the connected breath.
Since ancient times, human beings have utilized the breath to open to inner worlds and connect with spiritual dimensions. Consciously directing the breath clears “stuck” physical and emotional patterns. Many clients are surprised by how alive and joyful this can feel!
The Benefits of Breathwork
Each Breathwork session is different. Regular practice enhances health, promotes well-being, and brings a deeper connection with one’s Self. The benefits of breathwork occur on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels. Breathwork:
- strengthens the relaxation response.
- helps us manage stress and anxiety.
- lowers high blood pressure.
- allows the release of tension and expression of difficult unconscious feelings in a safe environment.
- strengthens mindful awareness.
- helps individuals become calm and centered.
- anchors joy and positive feeling in the body.
- Is a gateway to a meditative state and the possibility of transcendent experiences.
- Is an effective tool for treating addiction.